Friday, May 12, 2006

Nothing new here

But I am exploring the strange and mystifying world of German hip hop. Weird.

Currently reviewing the Gnarls Barkley disc; some hot production by our friend Dangermouse. Just in case he hasn't blown up enough already, this will seal the deal. As my source in Canada tells me, this just got released over there the other day but the single 'crazy' has been getting hammered by MTV.de for the last two months (and is UK 2006 single of the year acc'd to me informant, it's only May, crazy!). Incidentally, crazy is far from the strongest track on the disc and it's not bad. I'd tell you to check it out, but you'll be hearing that enough this summer.

Some of my favourite-est beats in hiphop -

gangstarr - code of the streets
gangstarr - full clip
eric b & rakim - microphone fiend
pete rock and cl smooth - the reminisce over you
run DMC - down with the king

gr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home